Fabco Stormwater Solutions
Fabco offers diverse stormwater solutions that can be implemented at different points of the stormwater drainage infrastructure. Their customizable, high-quality, and cost-effective products are designed to target specific stormwater pollutants which may include sediment, trash, oil and grease, nutrients, hydrocarbons, heavy metals, solids, bacteria, fertilizers, and pesticides. They offer highly effective filtration solutions for both decentralized and centralized applications.
Fabco Industries products have been approved by the State of California and the EPA.
The StormBasin is a cartridge-based inlet filtration device designed to remove and/or neutralize pollutants commonly found in stormwater. Fabco offers several types of cartridges to target a variety of pollutants including but not limited to: sediment, trash & debris, vegetation, nutrients, coliform bacteria, hydrocarbons (oil/grease), and dissolved metals (e.g., lead, copper, cadmium, and chromium). The StormBasin is available in the BMP series and PLUS series, which has both slotted and dovetail variants.
As water enters the inlet, the basin captures all the water which must pass through the cartridge filters before it exits the basin, treating water at the source. The basin provides ample storage volume for solid materials such as sediments and debris which fall out of suspension, and the PLUS series features a unique protected bypass to reduce the potential for flooding during peak storm events while still retaining the stored sediment and debris.
- Replaceable filter cartridges can target specific pollutants
- Designed to fit standard storm drain inlets, yet customizable to accommodate non-standard drain inlets
- Durable, aluminum frame with large volume welded aluminum collection basin
- Suitable for extreme conditions or heavy-duty commercial use
- Protected bypass retains trash and sediments during extreme rain events
- Adjustable mounting system allows you to adjust the filter size to fit real inlet dimensions and irregularities
- Competitively priced and low cost of ownership
Beehive Overflow Filter
Rain gardens are generally designed to only capture either the first inch of runoff or some specific Water Quality Volume (WQv) for treatment. Some type of overflow mechanism should be considered to prevent erosion and other potential damage from flooding. Fabco’s Beehive, or Rain Garden Overflow Filter, is the perfect solution for this application. It can be added to capture floatables and solids in any type of round bypass or overflow structure. The Beehive Bioretention Overflow Containment Filter consists of two components: a geotextile filter bag connected to a support frame using a support ring and an expansion ring (plastic or aluminum) sized to fit inside the pipe.
Benefits of Beehive Rain Garden Overflow Filters:
- Simple, durable, corrosion-resistant construction
- Sizes to fit most pipes: 8” up to 36” ID – short (12”) and long (21”) bags available
- Fast, simple installation
- No worries about grate/frame compatibility
- Cost-effective protection for high-flow operation
- Reduces clogs – keeps sediments and debris out of the underground detention unit
- Quick clean out – beehive filter lifts up and out for servicing
ScreenBox is a stormwater catch basin filter that traps sediment and debris while allowing runoff water to pass through the filter and exit through the storm drain system. The ScreenBox can be used for many typical applications, such as parking lots, commercial properties, roadway surfaces, transportation centers, vehicle maintenance facilities, gas stations/fueling locations, and industrial applications.
The ScreenBox frame is manufactured from high-strength 5000-series aluminum to resist cracking, abrasion, and severe temperature swings. The ScreenBox also includes quality stainless steel wire screens and an adjustable mounting system that allows you to extend or contract the support flanges to adapt to the actual site conditions.
When stormwater enters the ScreenBox, it passes through and over an optional oil boom that is placed around the top perimeter of the box. After this initial pretreatment, the water flows down through the protected bypass hood into the lower filtration chamber. As the water drops down into the chamber and is filtered through the screens, the sediment and debris collected is stored in a dry state. This reduces potential septic conditions while minimizing the material weight that must be removed during cleanouts – saving space and disposal costs. After many storm events, the collected debris can weigh up to several hundred pounds. Cleanouts can be done manually by lifting the entire unit from the drain and dumping or more rapidly by using a commercial vacuum truck.
The Fabco is an industrial stormwater treatment system designed to treat particulates and soluble pollutants contained in runoff water from rooftops, including heavy metals, pathogens, and hydrocarbons. This product is perfect for industrial facilities that deal with waste treatment, metal recycling, etc. Fabco DownSpout Filter Systems are available in a self-contained cabinet for installation above-ground, positioned next to your building or they can be designed as high-strength, commercial plastic drainage structures for subsurface installation.
- Large freestanding filter enclosure offers multiple above ground installation and mounting options
- Constructed from 300 series Stainless Steel – powder coated on exterior surfaces only
- Overall dimensions: 24 1/8” W x 33 ½”L x 40 3/4” high (standard)
- Hinged door panel opens away from the building side and features a latch for secure retention and rubber bumpers to protect cabinet
- Stainless Steel mounting surface provides “Twist-Lok” retention and a tight seal
- 4” PVC inlet/Outlet pipes (standard)
- Clean out port provided at the bottom of the chamber for cleanout and dewatering
- Dual cartridge filter flow rate can vary depending on cartridge type selected from 120 to 520 gpm
- Internal debris storage capacity is 5.0 ft3
- Built in high flow bypass is capable of passing 460.0 gpm (1.0 cfs)
- Internal debris screen separates inlet side of treatment chamber from the filter cartridge area – coarse screen pre-filters the water helping to maintain treatment flow rate
The Fabco Trench Drain Filter is configured to fit within most flat-bottomed trench drain inlets. The simple design traps sediment, trash, and debris within the trench while allowing runoff water to pass through the filter and exit through the storm drain system.
Fabco’s Trench Drain filters consist of one or more perforated metal square tubes called debris shields and a Bypass hood assembly. The 4’ long debris shield is made up of a perforated stainless steel screen which keeps coarse material out of the filter and a replaceable filter media product for treating the water. The system can accept one of two treatment media types: oil/grease and phosphates/nutrients.
Fabco’s Trench Drain Filter can be fabricated with one to four filtering columns, positioned side-by-side, to accommodate larger-width trench drains while providing effective treatment of the higher flow rates experienced in the larger drains. The Fabco Trench Drain can be sized to fit drains from 6” to 25.5” wide.
- Modular filter designed to collect solid materials, sediments, trash, debris, as well as hydrocarbons, and nutrients
- Available in sizes to fit wide variety of trench drain widths
- Performs as an effective filtering device at high or low flows
- Manufactured from perforated, 14 gauge, 304 Stainless Steel sheets, 5mm diameter Perforations
- Debris Shield is hinged for easy access and replacement of the filter media element
- Easy installation with Auto Adjust feature
- Overflow / bypass port prevents flooding
A flume is an engineered open channel drainage structure designed for moving water from one location to another in the form of an open chute with walls that are raised above the surrounding surfaces. Flumes or conveyance channels will move lots of water with very little slope and allow for the passage of sedimentation and floating debris with little loss in head pressure. The Fabco Flume ScreenBox StormWater Filter is specially designed for use in these situations.
The Fabco Flume Filter is a specially shaped engineered drainage structure that is used to filter stormwater flowing in these open channel conveyance systems. The design traps solid materials and debris while allowing runoff water to pass through the filter and exit to the storm drain system. The Flume Filter system is manufactured from welded, high-strength 3000/5000 series aluminum for longevity and features one or more easily maintained filtering bins that provide high treatment flow rates while capturing solid materials using screens and or a wire mesh. Flume Filters are normally manufactured to customer specifications.
StormSafe Filter Cartridge Vault Systems are ideal for central drainage areas that require stormwater treatment beyond simple gross pollutants and trash removal. By utilizing the same proven filter technology from the StormBasin product line, the StormSafe Cartridge Vault can reduce concentrations of targeted stormwater pollutants in a cost-effective manner. The StormSafe Cartridge Vault is ideal for parking areas, storage areas, and maintenance yards that have high concentrations of heavy metals, and oils & grease loads. The StormSafe Filter Cartridge Vault is a good choice for projects with a treatment flow rate of 3 cubic feet per second or less. Relative to competitor vault systems, the StormSafe Cartridge Vault is designed to provide a highly effective treatment solution within a small footprint.
Inside the StormSafe Filter Cartridge Vault there are 3 discrete chambers:
- Chamber 1: Pretreatment Chamber
- Stormwater runoff enters the vault through the Pretreatment Chamber where the heaviest sediments begin to separate from the water and drop to the bottom of the chamber.
- As the runoff fills the Pretreatment Chamber the water level rises upwards towards a rectangular opening that is equipped with a full-length hood to prevent floating trash, debris, and oils/grease from passing through the wall to the Filtration Chamber in order to protect the service life and treatment flow rates of the filter cartridges.
- Chamber 2: Filtration Chamber
- The Filtration Chamber contains filter cartridges, which are chosen based on the target pollutants.
- Chamber 3: Outlet Chamber
- Treated water leaving the cartridges drops down below the mounting plate and flows directly into the Outlet Chamber, which contains the outfall pipe.
High-Flow Helix Stormwater Filter System for Vaults or Outfall
FABGUARD media used in patented Helix treatment systems has been registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for reducing coliform bacteria in stormwater, industrial wastewater, and municipal wastewater applications. Read The Article.
The Helix is a next-generation, high-flow, stormwater filter that can be housed in a vault or installed directly into an outfall pipe. When applied with Fabco’s proven FABGUARD antimicrobial media, it can treat bacteria at a large scale.
Effective Two-Step Treatment Process
The Fabco Helix vault is a two-step treatment process that incorporates an inlet chamber used to reduce clogging from sediments and debris, and a secondary treatment chamber that houses Fabco’s Helix filter elements. Coarse pollutants contained in the stormwater runoff are captured upfront – this sediment separator treats water at higher flow rates and can be serviced from the surface level with a Vac truck. The pre-treated water exiting the first chamber will keep the Helix filters cleaner, helping maintain flow rates and effectiveness while minimizing the need for maintenance.
Patented High-Flow Helix Stormwater Filter Technology
The horizontal filter column design provides great flexibility for selecting the appropriate filter length and diameter for a given flow rate. The Helix elements inside the column(s) function as a multiple disk filter providing tremendous surface area for treatment. The spiral form offers multiple flow paths through the filter which allows the system to maintain a high flow rate while significantly reducing clogging potential.
Each Helix filter column has a designed treatment flow rate of approximately 3 cubic feet per second. Helix filters are offered as single, double, and triple-column systems. Filter cartridges are replaceable and can be accessed through a standard 36″ diameter manhole provided in the vault. Also, each Helix filter column is supplied with an inlet diffuser which is designed to keep any debris that passes through the sediment separator out of the filter column. As a final precaution, each Helix also incorporates a full overflow bypass.
Fabco’s high-flow stormwater filter cartridges are designed to provide effective treatment of stormwater while maintaining high flow rates throughout the life of the cartridge. Filter cartridges are available in various configurations allowing you to fine tune performance in terms of sediments and debris, heavy metals, hydrocarbons/toxic chemicals, pathogens/bacteria, and nutrients. The lightweight filter cartridge comes fully assembled and snaps securely in place with a quick twist. The modular cartridge design allows quick and easy replacement while containing the spent material for safe transport and disposal.
Each Fabco filter cartridge is composed of a standard pre-filter section and a main filter chamber, which can be configured to target specific pollutants. The pre-filter is manufactured using FABGUARD antimicrobial treated open cell Polymer foam pads. The coarse open cell foam acts as a mechanical pre-filter for the cartridge restricting coarse sediments, trash, and debris while allowing mostly water to flow through. Stormwater passing through the complex cellular structure contacts the antimicrobial treated internal walls substantially reducing the growth and passage of pathogens through the cartridge.
Proprietary Treatment Technologies
Fabco offers 5 high-flow stormwater filtration configurations (Standard, HV metals, Pathogens/bacteria, HV Hydrocarbons, Nutrients) using a combination of the following treatment technologies:
- FABMAX: This chemical treatment is applied to our open cell polymer foam filtering media. It is hydrophobic and instantly bonds to any hydrocarbons in the water matrix.
- FABSORB: This oil absorbent fabric material is used for treating free and emulsified oils, greases and other hydrocarbon-based compounds. This non-woven filter can absorb 10 to 20 times its own weight in oil, greases, and hydrocarbons.
- FABLITE: This natural mineral compound removes heavy metals as well as low levels of dissolved pollutants like hydrocarbons and other toxic chemicals.
- FABPHOS: This proprietary filtering media treats soluble, ortho-phosphates in stormwater runoff. FABPHOS also is effective in reducing nitrogen compounds thus assisting stormwater managers meet the >40% N reduction required by many states.
- FABGUARD: This antimicrobial shield is a patented chemical technology that when applied to our foam material makes it antimicrobially active. FABGUARD fuses with the material and will not wash out, or leach into the environment. Microorganisms that contact the material are neutralized.
Stormwater runoff flowing over paved and unpaved surfaces picks up many types of contaminants including: oil, grease, heavy metals, nutrients, and even potentially harmful organisms and bacteria. Our FABGUARD antimicrobial stormwater filter treatment is a solution for reducing coliform bacteria in stormwater, industrial, and municipal wastewater applications.
Sources of these potentially harmful microorganisms can be as simple as fecal matter deposited on the surfaces by birds, wild animals, or pet cats and dogs. Once these pathogens are assimilated into the water stream, they are easily transported through existing stormwater systems that can empty directly into local streams, lakes, or estuaries. Here they can significantly impact the water quality causing both beaches and shellfish areas to close.
FABGUARD media is an effective solution for reducing coliform bacteria in stormwater, industrial wastewater, and municipal wastewater applications. FABGUARD media has been tested under diverse laboratory and field conditions.
Request a Quote
States we Serve: Arizona, California, and Nevada