Trash Reduction Devices
CFS provides durable trash reduction devices that are significantly less expensive than our competitors, making our products the obvious choice for the pretreatment of stormwater. Using decentralized treatment methods, larger pollutants can be targeted in the catch basin or inlet with a variety of trash capture units and adjustable filters.
Trash Guard Plus is a connector pipe screen unit available in three screen sizes for 30in pipe or less. Each screen can be adjusted at installation to accommodate low flow stormwater events of 10cfs or more. Trash Guard is easy to install and maintain, and it costs a fraction of alternate pretreatment devices.
TrashGuard Plus is a patented stormwater pretreatment device that captures debris and sediment.
- Each screen can be adjusted at installation to accommodate low flow stormwater events of 10 cfs or more.
- TrashGuard Plus is a Connector Pipe Screen (CPS) unit available in three screen sizes for in-place or newly formed catch-basins that utilize discharge pipes of 24 inches or less in diameter.
- TrashGuard is easy to install and maintain, and it costs a fraction of other pretreatment devices currently available.
- TrashGuard Plus has extensive testing and an available calculator to assist design professionals in selecting the correct screen size for their particular project.
- Design Tools
- Installation Manuals
- Maintenance Manuals
- Standard Details
Using a Trash Interceptor in conjunction with a Trash Guard CPS unit, will greatly reduce maintenance costs by capturing larger debris from entering a curb inlet. This trash can be easily removed with street sweeping. This product not only meets the zero trash requirements for municipalities, but it is also 75% less expensive than automatic retractable screens. It comes in various sizes so that any inlet opening can be protected. Its sectional design allows for units to be removed if a larger rain event is predicted.
- With a Trash Interceptor, smaller debris is blocked from getting into the storm drain inlet and can simply be removed with a street sweeper.
- The Trash Interceptor comes in 30in, 36in, and 42in sections so that any inlet opening can be protected. In addition, this sectional design allows for removal of sections if very large rain events are predicted.
Featuring a woven Geotextile filter bag, the StormSack provides high treatment flow rates, and has a replaceable oil absorbent boom for the treatment of oils and grease.
The StormSack is ideally suited for municipal storm drain retrofits due to its low maintenance design. The StormSack is specifically designed for the capture of gross pollutants: sediment, trash, and oil and grease. Available in over 400 sizes, the StormSack also comes standard with a patented dovetailed aluminum flange, enabling quick sizing adjustments during installation.
- Durable, aluminum frame construction has 15-year service life
- Integrated oil boom effectively absorbs hydrocarbons
- Easy maintenance performed with a standard vector truck
- Extracted waste has minimal water content reducing disposal weight and volume
- Baffled bypass will trap floatables